Host Home Program Coordinator
ST AMBROSE HOUSING AID CENTER
The mission of St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center is to create preserve and maintain equal housing opportunities for low and moderate-income people, primarily in Baltimore City, and to encourage and support strong and diverse neighborhoods. St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center is seeking a dynamic Host Home Program Coordinator to join the team.
Reporting to the Director of Homesharing, the Host Home Program Coordinator will co-design, implement, lead, and help evaluate the St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center Host Home Program, which is being launched as part of the Point Source Youth Baltimore Pilot. The Host Home Program identifies, screens, and trains community members who volunteer to host for youth aged 18-24 who are in need of immediate housing, for which hosts receive a stipend and ongoing support from the Host Home Program Coordinator. The Host Home Program emphasizes participation by LGBTQ+ welcoming and affirming hosts. The Host Home Program Coordinator will collaborate with Point Source Youth Baltimore Pilot partners Star Track and YES! to identify and appropriately connect young people in need of housing with hosts. Star Track and YES! are the lead partners for youth case management; St. Ambrose Housing is the lead partner for host case management, which includes communicating, troubleshooting, and celebrating hosts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Development: Co-create program policies and procedures with Point Source Youth, based on Host Home Program best practices. Areas to develop include:
- Recruitment, screening, ongoing support, and retention of hosts
- Communication practices between partner organizations to assure needs and concerns of youth and hosts are being addressed in a regular and systematic way.
Program Implementation: Plan and execute activities to implement the Host Home Program.
- Activities to recruit, screen, support, and retain hosts
- Ongoing case management of hosts
- Regular communication and collaborative meetings with youth case management partners
Engage youth in Host Home Program consultation and feedback: meet with youth consultants in development of Host Home Program policies and procedures and attend bimonthly Youth Consultant Team meetings. Attend Point Source Youth Baltimore Pilot meetings ;and St. Ambrose Housing Aid staff meetings
Participate in Host Home Program evaluation: collaborate with Point Source Youth to set up formative evaluation interviews with hosts and youth participating in Host Home Program as well as relevant St. Ambrose Housing and partner organization staff. Coordinate youth survey distribution with Point Source Youth and researcher.
Cultivate culture of learning for Host Home Program: plan and attend regular, ongoing trainings related to topics connected to Host Home Program including supporting LGBTQ+ youth experiencing housing instability, positive youth development, trauma-informed care, and host home best practices.
- BA with 5+ years’ experience in field of social services, housing, community organizing, or other relevant work; Consideration may be given for a unique combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with working with LGBTQ+ youth of color and commitment to integrating youth voice and best practices working with LGBTQ+ youth of color into all components of Host Home Program.
- Project management and/or program development experience
- Experience working in a collaborative setting
- Experience recruiting, training, and supporting staff, volunteers, teams, community coalitions, and/or another group working toward a common goal.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, creativity, and a commitment to and passion for St. Ambrose Housing Aid’s mission and the mission of ending youth homelessness.
Physical requirements: This position normally requires the physical demands of standing, walking, bending, lifting or performing other work requiring medium exertion, talking, and hearing on a regular basis to perform the job requirement. These physical demands are required up to 90% of the time.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Be sure to reference the position name in the subject line and/or cover letter. Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience. This is a full time 12 month position plus benefits. St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please send resume and letter of interest via email to