Social Work Case Manager (Navigator)
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Per Scholas is seeking a dynamic, team oriented individual to serve as a Social Work Case Manager (Navigator). The Navigator will be responsible for supporting young adults between the ages of 18 and 24 to ensure their success in the training program. He/she will provide specialist support to each young adult in the program. He/she will work with approximately 150 students per year in collaboration with Career Advancement team. Some evening work may be required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Address short term and long term barriers to young adult students to provide referrals to social service agencies that are responsive to their unique needs. Follow up with the service providers to monitor outcomes and ensure appropriate services are provided
- Research and develop additional resources and partnerships across that city that can be used to provide external referrals to students and alumni
- Troubleshoot problems related to public programs and social services specific to young adult trainees
- Support the day to day recruitment, training and programming for the TechBridge program
- Meet programmatic goals and compliance as required by Per Scholas’ partners and funders
- Reports to: Director of Career Advancement
- Maintain weekly contact with each young adult student in our young adult bridge program. Document contact and meetings in real-time, using case notes in Salesforce.com.
- Meet with young adults one-on-one to support with any support related issues providing connection to outside referrals as necessary
- Maintain monthly contact with each young adult student across all programs training for a duration of three months. Contact includes ongoing assessment of trainee’s strengths and challenges throughout all phases of the program and counseling around the removal of barriers that impede engagement and retention in each phase (i.e. housing, family support, health care access). Note: This contact may continue beyond three months, if necessary.
- Work collaboratively with other team members, including career coaches, technical instructors and business solutions team to support students to graduation and post-graduation employment
- Continually assesses the degree to which young people are successful in the program and make recommendations for improvement
- Manage program related budgets to provide monetary resources to students and alumni as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US
- Master of Social Work degree
- LMSW preferred or planning on earning licensure within six months of hire
- At least 3 years’ experience providing effective, efficient case management support to young adults in a social services environment
- Knowledge of trends and issues, laws and regulations related to the development and delivery of case management services preferred
- Ability to establish relationships with individuals and organizations of influence within the social services community, including civic groups, charitable agencies, related government entities, fundraising sources, etc.
- Must meet all relevant licensing, credentialing, etc. requirements.
- High proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience using Google Apps and Salesforce experience a plus
- Ability to work occasional evenings
- You have a strong passion for helping individuals in often overlooked communities become employed and financially stable
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, results-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective presenter and communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and can learn quickly.
- You are effective at managing your time and you can balance multiple priorities under changing circumstances and timeframes.
- You have excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should be able access well-paying career positions, and that talent should recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and take contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in six cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; and New York. To date, Per Scholas has trained 6,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life changing skills and careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email Suzanne McShane, Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.