Family Perspective on Family & Kinship Strengthening
Hear Directly from Families
We will be joined by Grace from the Ackerman Institute for the Family, who for almost 60 years have been know as one of the best institutions for family therapy. The Ackerman Institute for the Family is also one of the most well know, renowned facilities for training family therapists for practicing in the United States.
We will also be joined by Kisha Coston, Parent Advocate at CAMBA Project ALY in Brooklyn. According to CAMBA's mission, "CAMBA is a non-profit agency that provides services that connect people with opportunities to enhance their quality of life." CAMBA's Project ALY (Accept LGBT Youth) works to promote the acceptance of LGBT youth by their parents and family members.
If you were unable to make the event, click the Watch Videos button below to listen to these amazing advocates speak on a variety of topics including:
- Finding out about issues within their families that needed strengthening
- Surprises, and also positive things, that learned within the process of families
- Engaging with families who don't live in urban or suburban areas
- Working with providers as well as youth peers about gender
- Working with schools on issues of gender and sexuality
- How the issue of a youth's sexuality first emerged