Associate Director, Northeast
Associate Director, Northeast, based in New York City
Apply by Friday, June 15th
Based in New York City on Union Square
Please Send Resume and Cover Letter by June 15th
About Point Source Youth
Point Source Youth is a national 501(c)3 dedicated to ending youth homelessness in 50 cities and towns in 10 years. We help advocate for, implement, and evaluate three proven, scalable, and replicable youth homelessness interventions – family & kinship strengthening, short-term host homes, and rapid re-housing – to increase housing options for youth in our pilot locations. Our mission and local pilot and systems strengthening work is informed by the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) Federal Framework to End Homelessness.
We are currently working in Baltimore, Detroit, Los Angeles, Louisville, New York City, Oakland, San Jose, and San Francisco, and adding new pilot locations regularly.
This position requires strong knowledge of program design as well as a proactive, flexible, and entrepreneurial mindset suited to a young and dynamic organization that is experiencing rapid growth and transformation.
The Associate Director, Northeast is a full-time position responsible for managing and expanding existing pilots in the region (NYC, Baltimore, and Detroit) and, in partnership with the Executive Director, developing and launching new pilots. This will encompass approximately 65% of your time.
Pilot management includes:
- Leading collaboration of all agencies, service providers, government officials and funders
- Ensuring that the program’s short, medium, and long-term goals are met
- Coordinating pilot evaluation with our Research Lead & Program Associate
- Publicizing achievements and strengthening relationships with key stakeholders
- Tracking and completing follow-up activities and funding documentation
- Helping write and publish position papers and policy recommendations based on pilot
Pilot development and launching includes:
- Identifying and engaging key stakeholders in new pilot locations (including nonprofit, government, and funding partners)
- Developing, maintaining, and expanding relationships with an extensive network of organizations
- Identifying and meeting with potential funders and achieving an agreed-upon goal of new funding from your efforts
- Designing program and implementation timeline with partners, and providing support and technical assistance throughout implementation
Travel to current and potential pilot locations, as well as national conferences and convenings, is expected. The position is approximately 25% travel time.
The Associate Director, Northeast is also the operations lead for our annual National Symposium on Solutions to End Youth Homelessness in New York City. As such, you will coordinate all NYC logistics in consultation with the Executive Director and with support from the Program Associate. You will also coordinate with other Associate Directors on programming and symposium content. This will encompass approximately 35% of your time.
Additional responsibilities as needed include creating social media content relevant to pilots you manage and representing Point Source Youth at national and regional conferences.
In completing your responsibilities, the Associate Director, Northeast works closely with paid Youth Consultants to ensure youth voice is well-represented in all programming and evaluation work locally.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Demonstrated commitment to addressing youth homelessness, with lived experience of homelessness prioritized
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice frameworks including race, gender, and economic justice
- 5 to 7 years of experience in advocacy related to youth homelessness, housing, LGBTQ youth, or other related fields
- 5-7 years of experience working with government agencies, legislative bodies, nonprofit organizations, or coalitions
- Experience working with NYC based organizations and systems
- Proactive and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to be flexible and adapt to different personalities and work styles and a growing, changing organization
- Ability to develop and execute a city-by-city short, medium, and long-term strategy to achieve Point Source Youth’s mission, in collaboration with Executive Director
- Cultural competence and the ability to excel in working successfully with diverse groups of people
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders including high-level policymakers and Executive Directors; frontline housing staff and case managers; youth with lived experiences of homelessness; and funders
- Extraordinary attention to detail, time management skills, and critical thinking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute large events
- Excellent group facilitation and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to co-lead effective and meaningful youth engagement
- Proven capacity and desire to work independently
- Willingness to travel
- Proven ability to, and interest in, using data to shape rigorous, evidence-based policy messages and champion them across a diverse group of national stakeholders
- Experience with social media and creating effective messaging campaigns a plus
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than June 15th.
Point Source Youth seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at Point Source Youth are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary is commensurate with experience with a strong benefits package including medical, dental, and vision.
We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, women, and people with lived experiences of homelessness to apply.