Associate Director, Communications, Storytelling, & Development
Based in New York City on Union Square
Please Send Resume and Cover Letter
About Point Source Youth
Point Source Youth is a national 501(c)3 dedicated to ending youth homelessness in 50 cities and towns in 10 years. We help advocate for, implement, and evaluate three proven, scalable, and replicable youth homelessness interventions – family & kinship strengthening, short-term host homes, and rapid re-housing – to increase housing options for youth in our pilot locations. Our mission and local pilot and systems strengthening work is informed by the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) Federal Framework to End Homelessness.
We are currently working in Baltimore, Detroit, Los Angeles, Louisville, New York City, Oakland, San Jose, and San Francisco, and adding new pilot locations regularly.
This position requires strong knowledge of program design as well as a proactive, flexible, and entrepreneurial mindset suited to a young and dynamic organization that is experiencing rapid growth and transformation.
Point Source Youth seeks an ambitious, energetic, and creative individual to fill the new role of Associate Director of Storytelling, Communications, & Development. The Associate Director of Storytelling, Communications, & Development will:
(1) Coordinate multiple internal stakeholders to develop, fundraise for, and steward multi-faceted projects to collect, preserve, and share stories from diverse communities and in different geographic location related to youth homelessness & housing
(2) Create and direct all organizational content and our communications strategy including social media, print media, videos, website and email.
(3) Lead the creation of social media strategy and content for our annual National Symposium On Solutions to End Youth Homelessness, including branding, materials design, and promotional video content.
(4) Support the Executive Director in grant management and achieving organizational funding goals
This position calls for grant writing experience and strong knowledge of program design as well as a proactive, flexible, and entrepreneurial mindset suited to a young and dynamic organization that is experiencing rapid growth and transformation.
The position also requires mastery of social media, written and visual communication, and storytelling methods. Travel is required to pilot cities and national conferences, and the position is based out of our New York City headquarters with 15% travel time.
We are seeking an Associate Director of Storytelling, Communications, & Development who can develop a strong understanding of the multifaceted ways in which Point Source Youth can and does realize our mission-driven work, and spearhead teamwork and communication among diverse staff members across multiple departments. This position reports directly to the Executive Director, and works closely with the other Point Source Youth Associate Directors, Program Associate, and Youth Consultants.
- Demonstrated commitment to addressing youth homelessness, with lived experience of homelessness prioritized
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice frameworks including race, gender, and economic justice
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree in related field a plus
- Demonstrated experience in development and institutional giving
- 3-5 years experience in creating compelling video and visual content to drive change
- Extensive social media expertise and experience creating effective messaging campaigns
- Excellent video production, and creative skills including technical skills with the leading video production and creative suites; ability to produce, direct, edit, and promote all visual content for the organization
- Familiarity with DSLR cameras, basic lighting and mobile filmmaking
- Proven ability to organize, expedite, and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, working within and across diverse groups and teams and demonstrating strong collaborative and teamwork skills
- Effective written and oral communication
- Extraordinary attention to detail, time management skills, and critical thinking abilities
- Experience writing grants and reports, including those for new programs and initiatives, with a proven track record of success; experience with public funding processes
- Cultural competence and the ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders including high-level policymakers and Executive Directors; frontline housing staff and case managers; youth with lived experiences of homelessness; and funders
- Ability to co-lead effective and meaningful youth engagement
- Proven capacity and desire to work independently
- Willingness to travel
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Point Source Youth seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at Point Source Youth are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary is commensurate with experience with a strong benefits package including medical, dental, and vision.
We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, women, and people with lived experiences of homelessness to apply.