We are hiring an Associate Director, Northeast, based in our New York City office on Union Square.
We are currently working in Baltimore, Detroit, Los Angeles, Louisville, New York City, Oakland, San Jose, and San Francisco, and adding new pilot locations regularly.
This position requires strong knowledge of program design as well as a proactive, flexible, and entrepreneurial mindset suited to a young and dynamic organization that is experiencing rapid growth and transformation. Applications are due June 15th! Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Associate Director, Northeast is a full-time position responsible for managing and expanding existing pilots in the region (NYC, Baltimore, and Detroit) and, in partnership with the Executive Director, developing and launching new pilots. This will encompass approximately 65% of your time.
Pilot management includes:
- Leading collaboration of all agencies, service providers, government officials and funders
- Ensuring that the program’s short, medium, and long-term goals are met
- Coordinating pilot evaluation with our Research Lead & Program Associate
- Publicizing achievements and strengthening relationships with key stakeholders
- Tracking and completing follow-up activities and funding documentation
- Helping write and publish position papers and policy recommendations based on pilot
Pilot development and launching includes:
- Identifying and engaging key stakeholders in new pilot locations (including nonprofit, government, and funding partners)
- Developing, maintaining, and expanding relationships with an extensive network of organizations
- Identifying and meeting with potential funders and achieving an agreed-upon goal of new funding from your efforts
- Designing program and implementation timeline with partners, and providing support and technical assistance throughout implementation
Travel to current and potential pilot locations, as well as national conferences and convenings, is expected. The position is approximately 25% travel time.
The Associate Director, Northeast is also the operations lead for our annual National Symposium on Solutions to End Youth Homelessness in New York City. As such, you will coordinate all NYC logistics in consultation with the Executive Director and with support from the Program Associate. You will also coordinate with other Associate Directors on programming and symposium content. This will encompass approximately 35% of your time.
Additional responsibilities as needed include creating social media content relevant to pilots you manage and representing Point Source Youth at national and regional conferences.
In completing your responsibilities, the Associate Director, Northeast works closely with paid Youth Consultants to ensure youth voice is well-represented in all programming and evaluation work locally.
This position reports to the Executive Director.