Sample Host Home Coordinator Job Description
The attached editable job description can be used to hire a new host home program coordinator.
Host Home Program Coordinator
The Host Home Program Coordinator will co-design, implement, lead, and help evaluate the Program.
The Host Home Program identifies, screens, and trains community members who volunteer to host for youth aged 18-24 who are in need of immediate housing, for which hosts receive a stipend and ongoing support from the Host Home Program Coordinator.
The Host Home Program emphasizes participation by LGBTQ+ welcoming and affirming hosts. The Host Home Program Coordinator will collaborate with local partners and appropriately connect young people in need of housing with hosts.
This position reports to XXX.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Program Development: Co-create program policies and procedures based on Host Home Program best practices. Areas to develop include:
o Recruitment, screening, ongoing support, and retention of hosts
o Communication practices between partner organizations to assure needs and concerns of youth and hosts are being addressed in a regular and systematic way
● Program Implementation: Plan and execute activities to implement the Host Home Program. This includes:
o Activities to recruit, screen, support, and retain hosts
o Ongoing case management of hosts
o Regular communication and collaborative meetings with youth case management partners
● Engage youth in Host Home Program consultation and feedback: meet with youth consultants in development of Host Home Program policies and procedures and attend bimonthly Youth Consultant Team meetings
● Attend staff meetings
● Participate in Host Home Program evaluation
● Cultivate culture of learning for Host Home Program: plan and attend regular, ongoing trainings related to topics connected to Host Home Program including supporting LGBTQ+ youth experiencing housing instability, positive youth development, trauma-informed care, and host home best practices
● BA with 5+ years experience in field of social services, housing, community organizing, or other relevant work; candidates with relevant experience in place of a BA encouraged to apply
● Demonstrated experience with working with LGBTQ+ youth of color and commitment to integrating youth voice and best practices working with LGBTQ+ youth of color into all components of Host Home Program
● Project management and/or program development experience
● Experience working in a collaborative setting
● Experience recruiting, training, and supporting staff, volunteers, teams, community coalitions, and/or another group working toward a common goal
● Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, creativity, and a commitment to and passion for organizations’s mission and the mission of ending youth homelessness
Depending on education and experience, $XXXX with benefits. Benefits include employer paid medical, dental, vision, life/ADD insurance and Long Term Disability. We also offer a Flexible Spending Plan, Retirement Plan with discretionary employer contributions at eligibility, generous Personal Time Off Plan and paid holidays.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to XXXXXX by XXXXXXXX. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Be sure to reference the position name in the subject line and/or cover letter.